Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Calm puppy? Impossible

Boo is 80% puppy. She was spayed last week and I've been trying to keep her calm with little success. Boo will do zoomies when the mood strikes her (several times through out the day). She has made it abundantly clear she does not like the kennel(she is better in there when I'm home because I treat her periodically when she is quiet). I would leave her free, but she is not fully housebroken and has a tendency to chew on things she is not supposed to (furniture/plants/shoes).
impossible
She is a huge sweetheart and loves the weimaraners. She wants them to play and will pester them by barking in their face or bite their butts/tails/legs while doing play bows, but they just give her the stink eye and hope Mom makes her stop. The weims are huge pushovers and won't put Boo in her place, so her pestering continues... Her puppy antics just crack me up.

Boo's really good about sleeping the night through (loose in our bedroom with a baby gate up), but apparently she didn't get the memo that we wake up at 7:30 A.M., not 6 A.M. Hopefully, she will change her internal clock to fit our schedule.

She is not perfect with walking but I think that will improve with more practice. She has a tendency to statue during walks. I think this is probably due to all the many smells and sights she wants to take in.

Boo goes to the vet on Monday to take the spay sutures out and I just noticed she has a swollen leg that I want them to look at. She doesn't act in pain walking/playing and when I palpitate it there is no sign of discomfort. Hopefully it is nothing. Boo is crazy,lovable fun and oh so cute :)


Winter is not letting go; here is Boo today in the snow, she was pretty excited about the white stuff. Lets hope this is the last of it!







No comments: